Mar 6, 2011

there is nothing as powerful as MOM's LOVE





"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it."
-- Mark Twain

...or maybe she didn't enjoyed all of it, still, she has been by my side, always, I am pretty sure since the moment she imagined one day she would have kids.

I do not understand many things, as the one of being a mom, I have never been but I do feel the unconditional love and presence. She has a one and only way of being here, and walking this rough path by my side.



Today, february 22, is her birthday and even if I told her she should go out and enjoy the day, she said the best way to spend it was in isolation with me. she was there, 23 hours. SHe just went out for one hour to eat lunch with dad and Uri, who came to the hospital and be together all. Ade had to stay home, he got a cold :(

Day +8! Mom's Birthday

36 Neutophils – minimum standard 3000 – Minimum not to be in risk 500

35,000 platelets – minimum standard 150,000 – Minimum not to be in risk 90,000

9.6% Hemoglobin – Minimum standard 12% - Minimum not to be in risk 10%

It is really good to have mom here all day long. It makes everything easier and I am relaxed.

It's so far the most difficult day. I just have energy to sleep and some skype with Alex....and even that makes me tired. I am really hoping the bone marrow starts working soon again, it will be awesome because it is not so nice to feel this way, even though I am happy because this means the process is being as expected, I don't think I can get less neutrophils or platelets, 36 is equal to 0 in medical terms...so, next step is to produce, right?

I want to share this that my mom sent me by email. I think is true we need to appreciate what we have and also be conscious about it. How many times a day do you thank your body just for being there at your service?

I think this kind of messages get to one when it is needed, I don't normally open my mom forwarded ppt's..this time I did...

¿Don't you think it would be good to make an inventory of the goods that you have recieved in order to live with more joy and optimism?


Why mourn when I walk, if others laugh and have no feet?


Why to live thinking on the 10% of the things that make us suffer, and not remember 90% of the things that are happen as they should and make us smile?

In your body there are 800 billion cells working continuously and on your behalf and in perfect harmony.



Your brain has 13 billion neurons working so wisely in your favor that if you would like to replace the most perfect computer, it would occupy the space of a building seventy stories high.


You have a heart that is a wonder of nature. Pumping hour afterhour, 36 million beats a year, year after year, awake or asleep,pushing blood through 100 thousand miles of veins and arteries, leading ... Over 2 million liters of blood per year.


Your lungs are the best filters in the world. Over 600 million of alveolus purify the air we receive and rid your body of harmful waste.



In your eyes, God has placed 100 million receivers that let you enjoy the magic of color, light, and the sympathy of the people and the majesty of nature.

You are a human being and we are the only animal that can talk to calm the angry, cheer up the downcast, encourage the coward and say ... I love you.


In your ears there are 24 billion filaments that vibrate with the wind,the laughter of children, the music of an orchestra, the trepidation of sparkling waters and listening to the kind words of those estimates.




You can move! you are not a tree tied up to a small piece of land.

You can walk,run, dance and play sports. To do this you have 500muscles, 200 bones and 7,000 nerve synchronized to obey you and take you anywhere.



Your blood is a wonderful treasure. There are flowing through your body just 4 liters but containing 22 million blood cells, and in every cell there are a lot molecules, each molecule has an atom that ranges over 10 million times per second.


2 million of your cells die every day and are replaced by 2 million more in a resurrection that has continued since the day you were born.


In your brain there are 4 million pain-sensitive structures; 500,000 tactile sensors and 200,000 temperature sensors ...

Now, ask yourself... Don't you think your life is super valuable?





The sad thing is that we spend much time thinking about what
we need and we rarely pause a remember and thank so much good that we have...

Not just about your body, it applies also a the gifts you have, the family that has touched you, friends of which you are fortunate in having, enjoying the comforts you got and even the opportunities that life has presented to you. Do not see only what you need, appreciate what you already have!

Do accounts of your assets, and your joys too. Do not waste your time counting your mistakes.

Collect cheerful and optimistic thoughts, and do not forget to remove from your mind those nasty crows called "pessimistic thoughts" and "sad memories. "




why?

because life is good and we should enjoy it being happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment