Feb 25, 2011

I AM THE PATIENT & NEED PATIENCE





“The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"
Leo Nikolaevich

What a morning!!
Is day +3 and I am happy.

Normally mornings in the hospital are busy. Say we start at 6.00 am with blood tests, sleep for a couple of more hours and gooood morning sunshine!! Buenos dias Alegria!
Today it was different the blood bank called at 7 am for the first of many times because my family was here to donate platelets but supposedly there was no request from my doctor, so, they decided my donors couldn't donate.

What!! I need platelets!! My body is working hard and needs them to keep on working and without those ladies it is harder.

Ade did a great job while my aunt and uncle were super patient. (were in the hospital from 7am to 12pm +/-) It took around 20 phone calls to the blood bank, doctors, blood bank, doctors when they finally accepted to do the test for platelets and donation.

Patience is so important in here not only to cope with the fact I am isoleted until my body starts producing white cells, red cells and platelets but towards the outside world too.
I have never been a patient person, and this is one of my lessons in here. There is no choice either I am patient either I get crazy.
I really want to cultivate this and keep it to my life when I am out of here. I have been thinking about it and nowadays not so many people is patient. As the world runs so fast, communication is practically instantly and everything seems available all the time. We the humans are not used anymore to wait...we want it all and now! It is hard not to walk or drive fast to work fast and even to do our hobbies fast when the life motto for many persons is "time is money" or "money is time" ... life is not time or money. Life is to be lived and enjoyed.

I have learnt in here patience is a virtue.
I have learnt that some of the best things in life require hard work and waiting.
Today I am waiting and my body is working really hard so we keep on living.
So, my life ... is depending on patience, fortunately, I am cultivating it and nourishing it with the ideas of being out of here soon, of being complete healthy...of being ALIVE.





No comments:

Post a Comment