Feb 18, 2011

LETS TALK ABOUT HODGKIN'S


IRONICALLY OR NOT,IT'SPURPLE...




so, i don’t think i am the right person to talk or write about the medical area of hodgki

n’s lymphoma, but i can share you what i know, and my relation to it.

2.5 years ago, in a very lucky way i found out i had some cancer called hodgkin’s lymphoma. i was told it is in the lymphatic sy

stem and i was in stage iii. meaning we were in time to do 16th

cycles of chemo s and i was gonna be fine.

i was strong and with a positive attitude, i went over 8 months of treatment and the 6th of june 2009 i was good! in remission and just needing to go to check ups every month. happiness!!!

i kept on with my life...did many awesome things and some normal ones as well. met great ne

w people and lived and loved...and surely laughed and learned a lot!

the 24 of january, after a wonderful trip with 2 very close friends in argentina and the patagonia i went to my normal check up with my doctor....and also to let him know i was gonna be away for a while...yes! i was finally moving to toronto (i’m moving as soon as i am good) to build a life with alex, to be in the same place. but, life has always surprises and mine was that i was'

t gonna be able to be in toronto in 2 days, but i had to fight again against cancer and this time in a very aggressive way: hodkin’s is back.

i was angry, very angry! sad, disappointed, frustrated and angry! how can i do this to my family again, how can i do this to alex...my friends. I know is not my fault...still felt bad.

after some

great help and good talks, right before the stage one of my autotransplant i did an agreement with mr. hodgkin’s if he needs to be near me, ok, go ahead i will help meanwhile is outside of my body. this is th

e second and last time i let him in - so, yes, i will need to find a way, an ngo that h

elps this cancer....kids wit

h cancer...something i will find maybe to share my learning or to help through a proc

ess i already k

now.

i am a survivor once, and I will be a survivor again,




No comments:

Post a Comment