Feb 21, 2011

WITH A LOT OF HELP FROM MY FRIENDS



"...OH I GET HIGH WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS
YES I GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS..."


friend (frnd)
n.
1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.

Word History: A friend is a lover, literally. The relationship between Latin amcus "friend" and am "I love" is clear, as is the relationship between Greek philos "friend" and phile "I love." In English, though, we have to go back a millennium before we see the verb related to friend. At that time, frond, the Old English word for "friend," was simply the present participle of the verb fron, "to love." The Germanic root behind this verb is *fr-,which meant "to like, love, be friendly to." Closely linked to these concepts is that of "peace," and in fact Germanic made a noun from this root, *frithu-, meaning exactly that. Ultimately descended from this noun are the personal names Frederick, "peaceful ruler," and Siegfried, "victory peace." The root also shows up in the name of the Germanic deity Frigg, the goddess of love, who lives on today in the word Friday, "day of Frigg," from an ancient translation of Latin Veneris dis, "day of Venus."

Sometimes, we don't realize how blessed we are and how much company we have in life until we face hard moments. I am not only blessed but a very lucky person to be surrounded of just wonderful people. United to help me and go through this struggle together.
I have too blood brothers, and when i was a kid i used to ask for a sister and complain about not having one (this is a secret but i even used to dress my brothers as girls..until they realized i was doing so) anyways, my mom once told me i could have as many sisters as i decided and i could actually choose them ... i took her word. today, i have Ade and Uri, my blood brothers and best friends but i have so many other sisters and brothers who are sharing this rough path with me...and who with i celebrate the wonders of life.

Day six and seven in the inner space where shared with good friends and the hope of no more chemos. Ale, Paula & Den got to experience it inside, and thanks so much guys to be in here with me...even if i am producing enormous quantities of saliva in-between other things....
Day six i had 5 chemos through the day, i was exhausted by 5 pm but, suddenly I find out that out of my window there is this people dancing and having fun...with some very cool banners showing me support. i stood up and smiled, of course! Rulo, Pinza, Den and Mau were there, outside...but in my heart.

I can't be anything but happy.
Chemos are over!!! we did celebrated in here!!
The first part of the treatment is done.

Now, it is time to be ready for a new tomorrow when my stem cells will be back in my body, ready for finding their place and start working. I know, and I have been told i need patience, I might not feel everyday ok i might get very tired and I will loose my immune system and "plaquetas" but, I will recover it, i am ready, my body is ready.

and ... I WILL GET BY WITH A LOT OF HELP FROM MY
FRIENDS.





1 comment:

  1. dear kari,
    i don't know you in person. no, we've never met. but from the stories (good ones, of course :) ade told me, seems that i know you...hahaha...
    wish you nothing, but the best...sending you positive energy and love from indonesia.
    love, novi

    ReplyDelete